Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Prayer, Fasting and Good Works

Perhaps it is being on the other side of 55 - or the result of a busy job and family life, but Ash Wednesday - even though 'late' in the year really feels like it suddenly appeared on the calendar. The wisdom of celebrating seasons in the Church!

Years ago I taught a 3rd grade RE class and we made Lent books for all the students. For each day there were three lines - Prayer, Fasting and Good Works. I think I need to be a third grader again so I can make myself really focus on the daily consideration of Prayer, Fasting and Good Works this Lent again ..... Maybe I will try to use the blog this way?


Today, Ash Wednesday Prayer - 6:30 a.m. Mass on the way to work. Fasting and Good Works - (accomplish two with the effort of one) No yummy soy latte from the shop downstairs, that I confess I indulge in from time to time - and take that $5 and make an on line donation to the One Million Patients Project. Done.

OK, one day down...the rest of Lent to go...


Take a moment and share what you are planning on doing for Lent.

No comments: