Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Freedom

Yesterday, families around the country gathered in backyards celebrating the fourth of July, Independence Day in the United States. As for me, I spent my holiday with family sharing stories, eating veggie burgers and watching my nieces and nephew's  children grow right before my eyes.  We are blessed in this country with rights few are afforded around the world.  
 
When I sit down and reflect on Freedom, I am often reminded of a quote by Eleanor Roosevelt, "Freedom makes a huge requirement of every human being. With freedom comes responsibility."  We are  blessed with this freedom and with it comes the responsibility to care for others.  I feel fortunate to work with Mission Doctors, doctors who are willing to leave their practices and the comforts of home to care for patients a world away.  It is only with our freedom that we are able to care for the world.
 
What is your favorite quote about freedom?  How did you spend your holiday celebrating our freedom?

No comments: