Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Our journey begins again

To change and to change for the better are two different things.
          - German proverb.
 

As Ash Wednesday is upon us I think this is true - and I can look at it and consider just how different sacrificing is from sacrificing for the better.
 

The readings reminded me that I need to consider my motivation - ensure that what I do is also going to change me for the better.
 

Fr. Dan, at Mass, reminded us all this morning, that the reason we sacrifice is also to develop the discipline necessary to look beyond our own needs, to feel hungry and not satiate the hunger, to desire something and not give into that desire. Today, we fast and abstain and I am trying to feel grateful for hunger that helps me remember that I can change, and change for the better.
 

We make this journey together!
 


No comments: